Sunday, October 19, 2008

five

My project of the week this week was a campfire birthday party for Mitchel. As far as parties for boys turning five goes, I think this one turned out great. It was short and sweet, only an hour and a half, after dinner. We invited people who could walk or ride bikes, had a campfire, campfire songs, sparklers, glow sticks, and alot of boys playing tag in the dark. My favorite part, instead of a cake, we had a smores buffet. If you would like to see a couple of great pictures of the evening, check these out. This one is my favorite. Thanks for bringing your camera Melissa.
Last week I was "tagged" by my friend Leah. I was supposed to tell seven things about myself, since I decided to combine posts and wanted to keep a common theme... here are five.

1. I did not plan to be a stay at home mom. Things changed. I think it is the best/hardest thing I have ever done. Before I had Mason, I was signed up to begin a Master's of Education program. I was all ready to go and had him signed up for daycare and everything.

2. I am a cancer survivor. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. This halloween marks 8 years since I finished radiation treatments, and have been cancer free.

3. When I first decided to start my own business, I was making soap. I made wire and bead dragonflies to decorate my booth at a craft sale and people were much more interested in them than the soap. My wire and glass work grew from there.

4. I'm a nail bitter. I wish I wasn't!

5. I've had long hair as long as I can remember. I've thought about cutting it many times but always chicken out. It used to be bigger. I forgot how big until I recently found a picture of me with two college roommates on spring break.


According to the rules, I am supposed to tag more people. Since I'm already breaking them, I'm going to break that one too. If you've read all this and want to play along, let me know. Here are the rules;
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, interesting, random, or weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

1 comment:

LeaKarts said...

Wow Megan, that party sounds fantastic--what a great idea!

Congratulations on your 8 year anniversary as a survivor!