Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm back after a much longer break than I expected. The school year finally ended. Florida was great. Traveling with the kids has gotten a lot easier, and a lot more fun. It was hands down the best family vacation we've ever had. We got to spend lots of time with family and great friends. However, coming home after ten days and having to prepare for two different shows three days later was a bit crazy. Matt and Mason set up and manned the Ta-Dah booth at the recycled arts fest, while I went to Newport for the Oregon coast garden expo. The Newport show was disappointing, but the view from my spot at the sale couldn't have been better. Christine took some great pictures at the recycled arts fest, that you can see here.
Mason set up his own display again this year. He sold recycled toy magnets, and was thrilled by all the sales he made.
Being home is great. We came back to berry season in full swing, and everything seemed to grow a ton. Last week our block closed down for a repeat of last years 4th of July block party. Not quite as big, but just as much fun. The in-laws were in town for the weekend as well.

Now it's just us again, and I am trying to find a balance that includes having two (no napping) kids at home full time and getting work done. Somehow last summer it worked, but I am feeling the crunch right now. Cracked Pots is just two short weeks away!! This weekend I'll be sharing a booth with Amanda at the Mississippi street fair. I'll be back tomorrow, my new plan is to try to post a picture daily of what is going on in the studio. We'll see how that goes.............

No comments: