Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The boys and I took a road trip to the beach this weekend. We all needed to get out of the house, and the weather was perfect. We are in the middle of one of Matt's extra long trips, which is hard on everyone. I've let things go and try to remind myself how I can't get everything done that I want to while being the only parent home.

However, this morning was one of those mornings that I was so glad to be able to drop everything. I took the boys to school where they had a movie screen set up to watch all of the events. The whole thing was bigger and more full of hope and promise, than anything I have witnessed in my entire life. I know the boys don't fully understand, but I think they will remember.
If you haven't read this before, here is a link to a letter our new president wrote to his daughters. Happy Inauguration Day to everyone!!!!

No comments: